Saturday, March 13, 2010

Goodbye my friend

If you've ever been to my farm you know who Patty is. The beautiful tuxedo grey girl that everyone wants to take home with them. Well behaved, graceful, and a great mom.
It is with a heavy heart that I say that Miss Patty passed away peacefully last night. She had been fighting a losing battle against what we think was a respiratory infection. We buried her in the pasture that she loved the most and planted a tree in her honor. 
If you have the great fortune of being a keeper of alpacas please take a minute today to appreciate each one for who they are. Patty was not just livestock or a pasture ornament. She was an individual and a friend. She will be greatly missed.
Patty's Big Smile

1 comment:

queenopearls said...

Oh Melissa, I am so sorry to read of your loss. My belated sympathies to you and your family. She is an Angel with you still, I know it. Good friends are like that!
Peace, love, Blessings and hugs,
Christina